Banfield is looking for a bilingual account executive with 2-3 years of a account management experience in advertising or related disciplines to add to our client services team. We need a relationship builder, someone who can clearly communicate and collaborate with both a diverse client list and the Banfield team. We need someone who understands business, both the day-to-day requirements and the bigger picture. If you are someone who enjoys a challenge, who gets things done under deadline pressure, and can help deliver results, Banfield is looking for you!
Reports to: Director of Client Services
As client’s main day-to-day contact person, the Account Executive fosters a strong relationship built on trust with both the client and internal teams, understands and anticipates the client’s needs while working with both strategy and creative to pull in the right resources and talents for the task. They will be responsible for providing support to Account Director for designated clients/projects in coordinating projects, timelines, resources and budgets as well as keeping them informed of the status on a daily basis.
Objectives of this role
- Direct all aspects related to keeping the client-agency relationship optimal.
- Act as gatekeeper and go-to person in between agency and clients.
- Instill a sense of confidence and trust in the client towards your own and the teams’ dedication, expertise and capability.
- Oversee all stages of project planning, executions and deployment to ensure highest level of quality is always met.
- Assure agency resources are marshaled and effectively applied to the account(s).
- Oversee and direct workflow and progress of assigned teams.
Daily and monthly responsibilities
- Motivate and inspire teams to generate imaginative, innovative work and solutions.
- Establish clear directions, set objectives and define clear tasks for team in a well-planned and organized manner.
- Identify the resources required for the realization of projects and delegate tasks to the right people.
- Stay up to date on client strategic goals and objectives, participate in meetings and learn to intervene at strategic moments.
- Write briefs and participate in strategic reflection
- Write detailed contact reports for client requirements.
- Learn and understand the cost of business and the implication of changes on cost and timing
- Build detailed schedules/Gantt charts, estimates and invoices for approval by Account Director, including retrieval of background information and monitor budgets and timelines.
- Prepare project briefs and tasks in FunctionPoint (project management software)
- Keep senior management informed of any issues affecting the overall health and profitability of the account.
- Actively search for business development opportunities within existing clients
- Prepare monthly revenue projections for your designated clients.
- Generate sense of excitement internally for new and existing projects.
- Pro-actively assist in development of Banfield self-promotion materials.
- Highlight potential samples for entry in awards.
- Keep up to date and informed on the best strategic and creative work our industry has to offer
- Help actively pursue and initiate creative ideas towards development of new business
- Represent the agency at industry and professional functions
- Complete time sheets on daily basis
- Attend and contribute to Client Services Team (CST) monthly meetings
- Participate in the creation and updating of effective written documentation of the agency’s significant work (case studies), for proposals, self-promotion, and award submissions
What Banfield can offer
- Hybrid WFH model*
- Experience-based salary
- Competitive compensation package
- Interesting and fulfilling projects with a wide variety of clients
- A close-knit, fun and collaborative teamwork environment
- Professional development opportunities
- Team-building perks and activities (pandemic restrictions permitting) including: Friday happy hour, quarterly fun day, weekly BBQ lunch on our front lawn, holiday celebrations, and a beautiful heritage building office in Hintonburg
*The candidate must be based in the Ottawa area or be willing to relocate. Banfield acknowledges that it operates on the traditional unceded territory of the Algonquin Anishinabe peoples.
Banfield values diversity and inclusion at our agency and within our industry. We strive to maintain an open, equitable and celebratory workplace, and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates every part of the selection process.