We’re looking for a senior specialist in digital marketing strategy who is as strong at coming up with great ideas as they are at executing them. This is a hands-on role where you’ll be a trusted planner, implementer and analyst, reporting on objectives, delivering results and working with clients to evaluate success.
If you’re an analytical, detail-oriented person who wants to flex your creative muscles, this is the role for you. Join a team that allows your creativity and passion to shine, with the freedom to develop interesting, innovative digital ideas that cut through cluttered online spaces.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A solid understanding of paid, earned and owned digital strategies and how to combine them to effectively deliver against objectives
- Digital media planning and buying experience – including self-serve social media advertising and Google Ads (experience with programmatic media buying is an asset)
- 5+ years of experience developing digital marketing strategies and plans that demonstrate a clear understanding of how digital strategies contribute to business goals
- A genuine passion and ability to craft strategies as well as dive into tactical execution
Objectives of this role:
- Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with a high-volume workload often requiring short turnaround times
- Continually raise the bar on innovative digital marketing strategies and strive for excellence, delivering work that addresses the client challenge and creates change
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of paid, earned and owned digital media strategies and how to combine them to effectively deliver against objectives digital media
- Maintain an understanding of client-related industry trends
Daily and monthly responsibilities:
- Prepares digital marketing strategies and plans based on client requirements
- Advises clients on how to maximize budget efficiency and impact while adhering to strategic objectives and industry best practices
- Provides guidance to clients and agency team members on digital advertising, including programmatic, social media (paid and organic) and search engine marketing campaigns
- Develops media briefs based on client goals, and presents those recommendations to the project team and client
- Performs digital content audits and analyses to determine gaps and identify key insights to guide planning
- Conducts SEO research and prepares strategic recommendations in collaboration with web development team
- Executes day-to-day management and optimization of paid digital media campaigns
- Manages campaign set-up and monitoring, including ad tracking installation and configuration, budget control and bid parameters to maximize efficiency and effectiveness
- Assists in the reconciliation of invoicing and client billing
- Evaluates the success of digital media strategies and campaigns, and prepares detailed performance reporting and analysis, and leads presentations of results and discussions of findings to guide future planning
- 5+ years of digital marketing experience in an agency or role that demonstrates experience working with diverse businesses
- Solid knowledge of Google Ads, Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, as well as Twitter, Facebook/Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok ad management and analytics platforms
- Understanding of B2B strategies and lead generation tactics
- Experience with email marketing tools
- Thirst for knowledge and drive to improve skills and experience
- The desire and initiative to build a role around your unique skills and abilities that contributes to business growth and knowledge sharing within the agency
- Experience-based salary and benefits
- Big clients that challenge you and small clients that make a lasting difference in the world
- Colleagues to learn from and laugh with
- Regular happy hours, Fun Days, and other social events
- Some of the cutest office dogs (and cats!) you’ve ever met
- A beautiful 19th century heritage building in the heart of Hintonburg
*The candidate must be based in the Ottawa area or be willing to relocate.
Banfield acknowledges that it operates on the traditional unceded territory of the Algonquin Anishinabe peoples.
Banfield values diversity and inclusion at our agency and within our industry. We strive to maintain an open, equitable and celebratory workplace, and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates every part of the selection process.